What does it take to get a Home Inspector’s License in Florida?
- Demonstrate proof of completion of a Department-approved course of no less than 120 hours that covers the 8 components of a home.
- Successfully pass a Department-approved exam for Home Inspection. (Exam fee NOT included in course tuition)
- We recommend the ACICP Home and Property Inspector Exam.
- Attest that they have commercial general liability insurance of at least $300,000.
- Submit fingerprints and have a background check performed. (Fee not included in course tuition)
- We recommend Florida Live Scan.
- Submit a written application and pay the required application fee.
Dates for the 2-day In-House Training are available:
(Classes are held 8:00 am – 4:00 pm each day and include lunch.)
Wednesday and Thursday: 4/15 – 4/16
Wednesday and Thursday: 6/17 – 6/18
Wednesday and Thursday: 7/15 – 7/16
Wednesday and Thursday: 9/2 – 9/3
Wednesday and Thursday: 11/11 – 11/12
How does the Course schedule and Florida’s application process work?
- Enroll in the CI-Certified Home Inspector Pre-Licensure course. (You will receive all course materials and access information for your online course.)
- Begin studying reference books, working through the course content, and watching videos/learning modules.
- Schedule your live classroom/webinar training when you complete the online course. (For help scheduling, call us at 1-877-542-3673)
- You will be doing an actual field inspection in class, so having the book knowledge beforehand will assist you in the inspection.
- Take your Course Completion Exam. PASS with a 70% to get your Course Completion Certificate.
- Produce the Certificate of Completion to the State with your application to get your Home Inspector License!